Florida
4Strokes
Site Admin

Ocala, Fl - Women Riders

Post by 4Strokes » Fri May 27, 2016 11:24 am

Topic: Women Riders
Author: Kimberly
Posted: 11/12/2004 3:56:19 PM

Hello, I would like to know if there are any other women dirt bike riders out there. I can never find any. I am in Ocala, Florida, I ride an 05 CRF450R, just graduated from a 03 KTM 450 EXC. Been riding all of my life on the street and in the dirt. Thanks, Kimberly

Reply by XR4DEZ on 11/12/2004 6:31:21 PM
My wife and I ride in the desert. She has a KLX300, we see quite a few gals in the desert, usually on quads.

Reply by kubiak on 11/13/2004 10:50:12 AM
my wife rides a xt 350 with me.

Reply by doubleodevine on 11/14/2004 3:11:07 PM
back home in michigan there were always girls riding in the dunes...i just moved to florida, kimberly. how far are you from port charlotte/punta gorda? are there any places to ride down here? my bike is up in michigan still and i'll be going back for a week. if there are any good places you know of around here to ride, please let me know and i'll haul my bohemouth cr500 down here and do some riding. otherwise, i think i'm going to buy one of those pocket rockets and cruise down the streets lol.

Reply by Kimberly on 11/15/2004 7:03:43 PM
Hello, I live in Ocala, Fl. Which is in north central florida. There are two places that I know of to ride. There is Croom's,which is located in brooksville, florida. Right off of Interstate 75. It is somewhere around 2300 or 2600 acres of state land designated for off road vehicles. I think it cost about 40.00 a year for a sticker to ride there. They have a camp ground with a bath house, and there are several hotel right outside of the entrance to crooms. I dont like riding there because it is too busy for the most part, and the trails are pretty beat up. I ride in the Ocala National Forest. There are quiet a few camp grounds, the one most frequented by dirtbikes and quads is Big Scrub campground. It cost 4.00 a day to park or a night to camp. They have a bathroom, but no showers. They have hook ups for water but thats it. There are no hotels near the forest, just a few places that have fishing cabins, and they are not that great. It doesnt cost anything to ride in the forest, there are miles and miles of trails. You can check with the information center on SR 40 just outside of the forest for details on where you can ride and where you cant and what facilities are available. There are other camp grounds near the forest that have full hookups and bath houses. I go to the forest every weekend and ride and have yet to be run out of any area. But I dont ride much near big scrub anymore, the trails are pretty used near the campground. Me and my husband both ride CRF450R's. I just wanted to see how many other women are out there that ride dirtbikes. I pretty much get the cold shoulder from guys that ride, they don't seem to like to have women riders around much. I am not exactly sure why. The few women that I know that ride, ride quads and they dont ride very aggressively. So they look at me kind of funny too. Kimberly

Reply by doubleodevine on 11/19/2004 2:14:09 PM
sounds like the forest is the way to go up there. i'll have to drive around here some to see what the riding is like down here. i have to say your husband is a lucky man. one, he has a wife who rides, and 2, you both have the bike i want! it sucks down here because i just learned that where i am, charlotte county, is the OLDEST POPULATED COUNTY IN THE UNITED STATES! so for me, an 18 year old, it's gonna be hard to find a riding buddy my age down here! thanks for the info tho! later

Original URL: 4strokes.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15671 © 2016 4Strokes.com

SPONSOR