Greetings From North Carolina!

Introduce yourself, what you ride, post pics, seek or offer help, general chit-chat.
denbsteph
Rides: Yamaha FJ09, Beta XT, 1996 Honda XR 250 L

Greetings From North Carolina!

Post by denbsteph » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:54 am

Greetings to all those who ride the 2 wheeled devil Machine!!....Yes it is a term of endearment, LOL. I will have a 1996 XR 250 L delivered to my home in several weeks. The Honda is in excellent condition and with 4k miles on it. Purchased it from my brother who's knees are to beat up to ride. I will be riding this on the TAT next year around June and need to do some mods and basic, strip down and replacing parts, lines and seals to be prepared. I seen Rick Ramseys post on the L and am looking for a reputable parts dealer. Now over the years XR's ONLY has taken a pretty bad rap for burning people. I have no issue buying new parts, which I would rather do....starting with the Carb and getting the XR 250 R carb. BUT, I have no idea what size the carb is on the L or the R. I have researched but running into brick walls. Any help in a REPUTABLE dealer and the size of the carb would be greatly appreciated. Looking for a Throttle cable as well...the OEM one is out of production, according to the research I have done. PRO MOTION makes one, but several parts numbers are displaced, I have no idea which one is needed. Thanks!!!!

Dennis
Attachments
XR .jpg
1996 XR 250 L

JoeRC51

Re: Greetings From North Carolina!

Post by JoeRC51 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:32 pm

They both have 30mm carbs.

denbsteph
Rides: Yamaha FJ09, Beta XT, 1996 Honda XR 250 L

Post by denbsteph » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:56 pm

JoeRC51, Thanks...Do you know of any reputable parts dealers? Has XR's Only got their s**t together in the last year or so???
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

JoeRC51

Post by JoeRC51 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:29 pm

I wouldn't deal with XR's Eventually unless I could drive there.

4Strokes
Site Admin

Post by 4Strokes » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:07 am

Hello and welcome. For the throttle cable: In the past I have taken cables to bike service shops and had them replicated. Motion Pro appears to offer the service as well.

https://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/custom/

SPONSOR