Enter the KLX300R. With its liquid-cooled four-stroke engine, perimeter frame and plush suspension, this Kawasaki gives off-road riders the balance of power and handling they want.
Designed to be ultra-compact, the KLX300R’s liquid-cooled 292cc engine features dual overhead cams activating four valves atop an Electrofusion-coated aluminum cylinder, which is wear resistant. The engine is wrapped in a high-tensile steel perimeter frame based on the design of Kawasaki’s championship-winning KX motocross bikes. A 26.5-degree steering angle and shorter wheelbase contribute to quick handling characteristics.
The KLX300R comes fully loaded with equipment to handle the rigors of trail riding, and is covered by a six-month limited warranty. Standard items include headlight and taillight, odometer, sidestand, hand guards, snail-type chain adjusters for quick rear-wheel removal and quick adjustment of the O-ring chain, a U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor, and a large fuel tank with reserve petcock.
2006 Kawasaki KLX300R Features and Benefits:
Ultra-compact 292cc Liquid-cooled, Four-stroke Single
- Lightweight piston and connecting rod allow power-producing revs
- Liquid cooling for even-running temperatures, longer engine life and consistent power on hot days
- A cam lobe for each valve with shim-under tappets has less reciprocating weight for efficiency at high rpm
- Incredibly hard coating in the aluminum cylinder provides superior heat transfer with less weight
- Holds lubrication, resists abrasion and seizure, and allows tighter clearances for more horsepower
- KACR provides quick, easy starts
- Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow
- Boosts low-end torque
- Precisely meters for good fuel economy
- Provides quick throttle response
- Engine runs smoothly from idle to redline
- More rider comfort on long rides
- Positive shifting action and rugged durability with gearing for every situation
- Oil level window provided
- Digital microcomputer delivers a precisely timed spark regardless of rpm changes
- Reliability under extreme conditions
- Frame is built of box-section and tubular high-tensile steel
- Straight-line ability is not sacrificed due to the incredible frame rigidity
- 20-way compression damping adjustment
- Cartridge maintains more consistent damping force by minimizing aeration of the fork oil
- Temperature-compensating rebound damping keeps things under control even when the shock heats up under strenuous conditions
- Twin piston front caliper grasps a floating front disc for “single finger” stopping power
- Single piston rear caliper from the KX250 gives strong, reliable performance
- O-rings keep the dirt and water out, while retaining lubrication in for longer chain life
- Headlight and taillight for long rides or enduro competition requirements
- Odometer to track progress
- Large 2.6-gallon tank allows for long distance riding
- Hand guards fend off the brush
- Snail-type chain adjusters for quick wheel changes and chain adjustments
- U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor
Engine: Four-stroke DOHC four-valve single
Bore x stroke: 78.0 x 61.2mm
Compression ratio: 11.0:1
Carburetion: Keihin CVK34
Ignition: Digital CDI
Transmission: Six-speed, manual clutch
Final drive: Chain
Frame: High-tensile steel, perimeter design
Rake / trail: 26.5 degrees / 4.2 in.
Suspension, front: 43mm inverted cartridge fork, 20 compression damping
Suspension, rear: UNI-TRAK shock system, 20 compression damping and 18 rebound damping
Wheel travel, front / rear: 11.2 in. / 11.0 in.
Tire, front / rear: 80/100x21 / 100/100x18
Brakes, front / rear: Hydraulic disc / disc
Overall length: 83.3 in.
Overall width: 35.8 in.
Overall height: 48.0 in.
Wheelbase: 56.5 in.
Ground clearance: 12.6 in.
Seat height: 36.4 in
Dry weight: 233.7 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 2.6 gal.
Color: Kawasaki Lime Green
Suggested Retail: $4,949 (USD)