Postby 4Strokes » Sun May 29, 2016 9:13 am

Topic: Any New Jersey riders out there?
Author: jim
Posted: 02/02/2003 7:51:42 PM

we have any jersey riders out there....

Reply by Trailer on 02/15/2003 06:20:39 AM
1 here NJORVP.

Reply by robbrown on 02/15/2003 10:12:08 AM
I grew up in South Jersey, live in Eastern PA now. I'm about an hour away from Chatsworth (NJORVP). I used to tear up the Pine Barrens back in the Seventies on a YZ80 at age 10 then moved up to a YZ400 Enduro as a teenager. Been ridin Dualsports and Enduros ever since. My XR650L ROCKS! Goin to get a membership to NJORVP this spring if it's still there.

Reply by CRF Freak on 02/15/2003 12:41:51 PM
I also live in Eastern PA. East Stroudsburg area and I work in North Jersey. Just figured I'd throw that our there since there's not a soul to ride with around here. At least I haven't found them yet.

Reply by robbrown on 02/15/2003 3:58:43 PM
Yo XR Freak, I live about 70 miles south of you; I'm in Lansdale. About half way between us is Easton and Bethlehem. Any good riding areas around there? Let me know if you want to tear up some trails when it gets warmer.

Reply by jim on 02/16/2003 2:16:31 PM
im out in swedesboro nj sucky area nowhere to ride .. my boss has a 2003 crf 450 and goes to chatsworth regularly and wants me to go. is it really worht it for me to take my xr 600 there i here its crappy unless u have a quad or a 2 stroke.

Reply by jim on 02/16/2003 2:35:01 PM
i live out in the swedesboro area pretty sucky, my boss however goes to chatsworth reularly but he owns a 2003 crf450 and form what i hear its a waste of time for someone like myself who rides an xr 600 there because they told me it more of a 2stroke/ quad area and id be wasting my time with my 600

Reply by robbrown on 02/16/2003 4:40:33 PM
Jim, There are several "controlled-access enclosed tracks" and several off-road trails that go throughout the entire park. The "Controlled-access enclosed tracks" are best for 2 strokes, but the off-road trails throughout the park I am told are somewhat decent for the bigger 4 stroke enduro bikes. You really get your money's worth if you have a 250 or 125, but with all the land issues today, there ain't many places in this part of the country for a Dualsport to pull off the highway and take any trail that looks interesting without getting hasseled; it's nice to have a place to ride off-road legally and without getting hasseled. It's a bit pricey at $70 a day or $300 for an annual membership. I haven't actually checked it out yet, but plan to this spring. I'll let you know if I think it's worth it.

Reply by CRF Freak on 02/16/2003 10:10:55 PM
Rob, I'd defiantly be interested in hooking up when the weather breaks. I only know trails in the East Stroudsburg area. There are a couple decent one's that I've found, but nothing that I would consider to be great riding. I've only had one season with my bike and I tended to stick with what I knew, but this spring I'd like to start exploring some new ground. It would even be cool to do some road riding with another XRL rider. I feel like I'm the only one in my area that rides a dual sport. One nice thing is that since there's so few in my area it sure turns heads when I come ripping down the road.

Reply by jim on 02/17/2003 10:51:12 AM
my boss has a membership and im a regular on the website , im on it many times a day and plan on going with my boss to check it out hopefully he lets me ride his crf 450 ... yeah im jealous.

Reply by robbrown on 02/17/2003 7:43:04 PM
XR Freak, sounds good to me. Maybe some time in April when it gets warm enough to ride all day without getting chilled. I like the road too. I ride about 90% street and 10% dirt. Basically I ride on the road and if I see an interesting trail I'll explore it a bit, then it's back on the road. Dualsports do turn heads for sure; we're a rare breed. I'll send you an email and we can work out the details. Rock on!

Reply by CRF Freak on 02/19/2003 7:32:09 PM
Sounds great Rob. I look forward to getting together.

Reply by jim on 02/23/2003 2:05:50 PM
cool glad my post made a luv connection lol jk keep on ripping!!

Reply by hifijr on 02/27/2003 4:00:36 PM
I live in Staten Island. I've ridden NJORVP a bunch of times. The trails are fun if you like loose sand (I recommend going after a good rain) but it has gotten expensive and it is crowded! I prefer Paragon and try to get up to Mass. a couple times a year, great legal trails in 5 different state forests! '00 XR250R (280cc)

Reply by robbrown on 02/28/2003 8:31:58 PM
Yo Jim, when it comes to luv, I prefer women. When I want to forget'em, I ride my XR.

Reply by jim on 03/02/2003 3:52:35 PM
my xr is the perfect woman...... i can ride her anytime i want, never talks back,if i get pissed i can kick the crap out of her and get away with it,i can modify her to make her better if i want, i can sell her... etc etc etc what can i say i luv my girl lol

Reply by mike nj on 03/30/2003 6:14:30 PM
Hi guys, i'm in northern NJ. I just became a member at Tower City in pa. Its about a 2hr ride for me but well worth it. If anyone wants to hook up, let me know!

Original URL: 4strokes.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6407 © 2016 4Strokes.com

Return to “NJ”