Texas
4Strokes
Site Admin

Street Legal Panterra in TX

Postby 4Strokes » Sat May 28, 2016 11:58 am

Topic: street legal panterra
Author: texassailor
Posted: 05/18/2005 3:49:34 PM

does anyone know how much work is involved in making the panterra 125 street legal thanks

Reply by bp 1.8 on 05/19/2005 3:10:40 PM
just buy mine. its already street legal, i did the conversion and im offering it up for sale. it takes a little bit of work on the wiring harness, you have to buy about $100 in electrical items, and a pair of dot legal tyres. and in some states like texas and cali it wont ever be legal. in most states it is though.

Reply by Spitfire5454 on 05/19/2005 11:06:59 PM
I got mine street legal in very easily. And im in Texas. First off you dont need signals to be legal in Texas. I hooked mine up easily by just wiring the switch and console light to some relays. This is what you need to do. Get your title from pep boys (says for off road use only). Go to your courthouse and tell them that you have made your bike street legal. They will tell you to get it inspected and have the inspector fill out a special form (i forgot the name of it). You take this form back to the courthouse and fill out another title application (this one will be for a street legal bike). You pay the fees and get your plates. Thats it!

Reply by bp 1.8 on 05/20/2005 02:16:50 AM
how did you skirt around the emissions issue? i have friends who tried and failed to get a panterra street legal in texas because they had to get the bikes smogged, and they failed miserably.

Reply by Spitfire5454 on 05/23/2005 12:36:02 PM
The emissions issue was never addressed. Half the battle is where you take it to get it inspected. I went to my local bike shop told them my problem and they told me to go this guy to get it inspected because he was very laid back and his shop was just a garage. The whole inspection took 3 mins. Ive found the smaller, and more homegrown the shop the eaisier it will be to get away with. If you go to a dealership or some major chain to get it inspected, they will do a real through inspection and probably measuere the emissions. Usually a good parts store that is run by someone who is in the biking community can direct you where the best place to go would be.

Original URL: 4strokes.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18310 © 2016 4Strokes.com

Return to “TX”