Registering Chinese Dualsport in TX

Post Reply
User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 1203
Joined: May 02, 2016

Registering Chinese Dualsport in TX

Post by 4Strokes » Sat May 28, 2016 11:38 am

Topic: Registering Chinese dual Sport in TX. ** UPDATE**
Author: esi_shhhh
Posted: 11/20/2004 9:53:26 PM

I just bought a Chinese Dual sport 200cc bike from the web and want to license it for the street in Tx. It has all required equipment, but will the bill of sale be enough? Anyone who's interested, if you get a bike that has no title, even one from Pep Boys, Texas DMV tells me that all you have to do is take proof of ownership to the local tax office, show that to them and you'll have to fill out some form stating you own the bike. Then, they will issue what they call a "letter of rejection" which just means that it didn't come with a title. Next, you'll have to get a bonded title. They told me that based on the bill of sale, they'll assign a 'book value' to the bike and then the bond will be between $10 and $50 per $100 of estimated value. Once you have the bonded title, you insure, inspect and register just like you would any other bike.

Note: Make sure your insurance knows it's a bonded title, some insurance carriers will not insure it with a bonded title.

Original URL: © 2016

Post Reply