Panterra 50 Won't Start Has Spark

Introduce yourself, what you ride, post pics, seek or offer help, general chit-chat.
4Strokes
Site Admin

Panterra 50 Won't Start Has Spark

Postby 4Strokes » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:10 am

Topic: Fixing up Pantera 50cc
Author: jschatte
Posted: 11/09/2010 2:31:49 PM

Well i just bought a Panterra 50cc [50 49cc] and I am trying to get it running. So far I have tested the spark (good) and compression (about 60psi which i think is ok). I think my problem is the carb. So my question is is it worth rebuilding the stock carb, mine says PC 008 on it. Or should I got for a PZ19 off eBay? Thanks alot, Josh

Reply by keithert on 03/24/2011 9:13:08 PM
Josh, did you ever get this resolved? I have a Panterra 90 that I'm having a heck of a time getting to run right. I have cleaned up the current carb and had it running ok for about 10 minutes then it wouldn't want to run. Tonight I took it apart and adjusted the float settings higher and lower. It would only run if the float was adjusted so that gas came out of the overflow. I think the idle jet is clogged. It was earlier in the week and a local Kawasaki shop got it opened by soaking it in parts cleaner overnight and putting a small wire through it. Today I was able to get a very small wire through it but I'm thinking that it is still not letting as much fuel through as it should. I have a new carb on the way that I bought on e-bay for $25. Hopefully that does the trick but it won't be here for a week. Anything else I should try with the current carb?

Reply by tcbarnhart on 03/25/2011 10:41:17 AM
I'm having a hell of a time with mine also. Carb is super clean and can get it to run with the coke on for a bit, but then it dies and can't start it back up. Thinking it is the float level, but I'm not sure where exactly it should be. Would you mind telling me the seller you got the $25 carb from. I may get one myself.

Reply by jschatte on 04/21/2011 12:07:55 PM
Sorry for not replying sooner. I got a new carb for mine (PZ19) and it works great. Took it out of the box and bolted it on and after adjusting the valves on the engine (0.002" intake, 0.003" exhaust) it fired right up. It ran for about 20km fine, but i went to start it today and it would only idle with full choke for a bit, then die (like a couple of mins). I noticed the vent tube on the bottom of the carb is filling with gas, which is a good indicator, as well as the fouled up plug, that the engine is running rich. So I talked to my dad (mechanic for 10 years) and he told me i need to mess with the float. I know the carb is clean, its brand new. So sounds like we have the exact same problem as you, tcbarnhart. So I will report back on what happens messing with the float heights, I guess ill have to do it by feel since i cant find a spec. As for keithert, I would recommend you grab a new carb. The stock one is horrible, and it wouldn't surprise me if the jets are re-clogging. Those carbs are bad for their jets. Hopefully this helps a little.

Original URL: 4strokes.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32378 © 2016 4Strokes.com

Return to “Chinese Mfrs Community”