Tomberlin Firehawk Torq-a-verter

Introduce yourself, what you ride, post pics, seek or offer help, general chit-chat.
4Strokes
Site Admin

Tomberlin Firehawk Torq-a-verter

Postby 4Strokes » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:59 am

Topic: Tomberlin Firehawk 6.0 Mitsubishi Mini Bike TAV?
Author: ss1cgc
Posted: 12/09/2007 2:16:47 PM

i chose the Tomberlin Firehawk 6.0 Mitsubishi Mini Bike over the baja mini heat after test riding both. what sold me was the torque, speed, and comfort of ride over the baja heat. was trying to find out if anyone knows what type of torq-a-verter would fit one of these. everything i look up only refers to Briggs, Tecumseh, Honda motors, nothing about Mitsubishi. maybe they just don't make one for this but sure would like to know if someone does know or has done it. any info would be appreciated!

Reply by Smokin101 on 12/15/2007 9:16:25 PM
Considering you test drove both bikes, and chose the Mitsubishi because of torque, and speed. Then the Mitsubishi probably already has a better torque converter than the Baja. And a aftermarket one may not be any better than the one you have. Then again, if you wanted to mod it, maybe you should have gone with the Baja.

Reply by hpirs4 on 12/19/2007 7:36:17 PM
I just put a comet tav2 - 30 3/4" bore converter on my firehawk minibike. It is incredible the amount of torque & top speed you get. I would say that is twice as fast of the line. The kit is not a direct fit. There is a little grinding & filing on things to make it fit properly. The chain guard and guard bracket will need to be removed completely. The yellow oil plug will need to be cut shorter. You will have to by four new longer bolts that bolt the tav-2 bracket the the block of the engine, the ones supplied are two short and a different thread.

Reply by ss1cgc on 12/22/2007 10:51:52 PM
Well I did it. Got the TAV2 installed today and it is simply amazing! The thing will easily do a back flip from stand still. Yeah, simply trim the second oil plug in back, shave the back fins, and then cut the chain guard shorter and drill another hole so it bolts. I also had to shave away one of the bolt holes for the TAV cover so that it would clear where the exhaust manifold starts. Had to also get 4 longer M8x1.25 bolts plus another shaft bolt. This thing is awesome!

Reply by bigdz740 on 05/08/2010 11:44:58 AM
i cant find oem replacement parts for my bike plus id like to make it go faster

Reply by Turnergang on 06/02/2010 10:51:27 AM
Do you know where I can purchase the comet tav2 -30 3/4" Converter and around how much it is? Also can you post a picture of the installed part? I want to convert my sons bike for him. Also will you do the work and are you close to Ohio? Thanks! Brian Turner

Original URL: 4strokes.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28751 © 2016 4Strokes.com

Return to “Chinese Mfrs Community”