Pantera ATV 90 Oil & Gear Lube

Introduce yourself, what you ride, post pics, seek or offer help, general chit-chat.
4Strokes
Site Admin

Pantera ATV 90 Oil & Gear Lube

Postby 4Strokes » Mon May 23, 2016 9:50 am

Topic: Pantera ATV 90cc (oil and gear lube change)
Author: elsey05
Posted: 06/13/2007 09:34:54 AM

I don't have the manual only the parts order form and it's probably outdated. I'm trying to do an oil and gear lube change on this machine. When I prop it up there are 2 drain plugs. One is oil and one is gear lube. I've drained the gear lube no problem, just not sure exactly what grade of lube to refill it with. The oil plug however has me confused. When I pulled the plug, a spring also came out and there is some kind of plug under it as well preventing the oil from coming out. When i pulled the plug I got a few drops but that was it. This plug looks like it would take Phillips screwdriver except there is some kind of bearing in the center so that doesn't work. This plug does look likes it's threaded on but I cant be for sure. Can some one help me please.

Reply by ikarus1 on 06/19/2007 1:04:59 PM
That's the timing tensioner, not the oil plug. The other one was the engine/gear oil drain. You need to put the timing tensioner back in the way it came out...otherwise you are going to jump time and ruin the engine.

Original URL: 4strokes.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27356 © 2016 4Strokes.com

Return to “Chinese Mfrs Community”