Panterra 90 ATV Float Setting

Introduce yourself, what you ride, post pics, seek or offer help, general chit-chat.
4Strokes
Site Admin

Panterra 90 ATV Float Setting

Postby 4Strokes » Mon May 23, 2016 9:23 am

Topic: Panterra 90cc atv float level setting
Author: millerdog
Posted: 09/04/2007 4:35:22 PM

Hey everybody! I am new to this site and hopefully someone out ther can help me out. I have a Panterra 90cc atv and was wondering if anyone knew what the float level setting should be for these machines? Any help at all would be great! Thanks in advance... Millerdog

Reply by mspike on 09/04/2007 4:51:10 PM
Welcome to the forums. I don't know much about bikes or quads yet, just routine maintence, but if I were you I would start searching the forums because a lot of stuff was already posted.

Reply by Smokin101 on 09/04/2007 5:14:01 PM
Well whats the problem? Is it flooding, stalling? Gas leaking out the overflow? Usually you don't have to do anything to the float, just clean the fuel inlet and fuel-in valve on the float.

Reply by millerdog on 09/05/2007 02:02:33 AM
Well I rebuilt the carb because it had been sitting for quite awhile, and would not run without the choke being completely closed. Long story short,.. I noticed the float looked to have a very low fuel level, so...... I think you can quess the rest. Turns out the slow idle jet was completely blocked. I cleaned it out, and it cranked right up. Runs better than it did when it was brand new. The problem it has now, is with the idle. It will sit there, and idle, but the longer it idles the slower it will go until it stalls. I figure I got the fuel level a little too high, and it eventually floods itself out. It will crank right back up. I can probably get it close to what it was, but I just thought someone might know what the setting was. It would be nice to know what the mixture screw setting was also. I quess I'm just used to being able to find information on vehicles that I own. These chinese motors are great, but if you can't find tech information, and parts availability, then they are nothing more than throw away toys...... Millerdog.

Reply by Smokin101 on 09/05/2007 03:32:21 AM
Sounds to me like the mixture screw also, I'm not sure kind of carb you have on the quad, but usually 1 1/2 turns out is about right. Honestly you'll just have to tweak it until you get it right. If the float was off it would either just pour gas out the overflow, or not run at all. Sorry I can't help more, I've been in the same situation before, a little trial-n-error is all I can recommend for now. If all else fails you can always get a better quality carb off ebay.

Reply by millerdog on 09/05/2007 1:26:50 PM
Hey thanks for the input fella's. I'll keep messin with it and see what happens. As far as the carb goes, it looks like a copy of an old cable slide Keihin. I got the mixture screw out 1 1/2 turns. It runs very good at anything above idle. It does seem to be getting better the more it runs. We'll see! Thanks..... Millerdog

Reply by Admin on 09/07/2007 05:19:15 AM
millerdog graciously provided the Panterra 90 carb, plug and valve specs, as shown here: Chinese 4-S Powertrain & Drivetrain. Thanks again, millerdog!

Reply by millerdog on 09/07/2007 09:58:38 AM
You'r very welcome. Glad to have been some help.

Original URL: 4strokes.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28088 © 2016 4Strokes.com

Return to “Chinese Mfrs Community”