Panterra 49cc Dirt Bike Review

Introduce yourself, what you ride, post pics, seek or offer help, general chit-chat.
4Strokes
Site Admin

Panterra 49cc Dirt Bike Review

Postby 4Strokes » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:36 pm

Topic: A Panterra 49cc Dirt Bike Review
Author: kbd
Posted: 04/04/2005 11:41:18 AM

I been searching the web for parts for this bike, mainly just a front brake lever, and have found little (very little) information about parts or otherwise. So my thoughts on this bike.

Bought it at Pep Boys for $500 for my 9 year old son, He is about 50 inches tall and about 70lbs. the bike is a perfect fit for him. First the bikes good points are: Of course the price, it has more than enough power, (even when I ride it and my weight is around 195lbs). It is one of the quietest running bikes I have ever heard, when my son stops the bike suddenly, I always wander if the bike is still running, and then he gets going again. We have had the bike for 4 months now with no mechanical failure. It has an automatic transmission (no clutch). My son learned to ride it in about 5 minutes he was screaming up and down the street. And it is one of the few "cheap" bikes that have a 4 stroke engine. (No mixing gas/oil). Now the bad: I don't know if there is a single nut or bolt on the entire bike that hasn't loosened itself. The other day he got on it and I noticed the wheel leaned to one side. I thought at first the wheel bearing had busted, turns out all the spokes in the back wheel had loosened themselves. Also you can't find any parts yet for this bike, I have been in need of a front brake lever for it for about 2 months. I have read that the Honda xr50 parts fit the motor and the chassis are Yamaha pw80. So I am fixing to order the lever from Yamaha and see if it fits, cause the Honda xr50 front brake lever doesn't fit it.

I've been riding motorcycles all my life (I am 36), and this bike runs as good as any 50cc I have ever seen, It doesn't seem to break anymore than a Honda (what I own) or any other bike, if they come out with a parts store for these bikes, they are going to take over, there is just no way I would now go pay 3 times as much for a Honda when I could go get this bike. It performs and handles just as good as Honda or any other make. I put off getting my son a dirt bike for several years, cause I didn't want to pay the $1500 for a bike that he'll outgrow in 2 years. If you have $500 buy this bike, it is well worth it.

Reply by evilrman on 04/06/2005 4:07:42 PM
  • it realy is a good bike because the engine is really a 72cc, it has 4 gears to the advertised three and well worth the money
  • if you need parts baja motorsports bought huge stockload of parts for panterra bikes and it is said that they will start stocking them on April 16. so if you need parts then will be the time to do it.
  • virtually everything on the panterras is cloned, you just have to find out from what. (a good place is this forum)
    just thought i would pass on a few tidbits of what I have learned on this forum
Reply by panterra on 04/08/2005 7:28:47 PM
yeah, when i got my bike i went through and tightened everything before i rode it. but when i did that i only found 2 nuts loose.

Reply by xxtrurida75xx on 04/09/2005 06:27:31 AM
yeah i bought the panterra goped and when i was riding it the back shocks just fell off and the deck dropped i dragged for about 5 feet and another time i went of a jump and the handlebars just completely snapped off and i fell right in the back fender and bent it down to the tire

Reply by panterra on 05/06/2005 10:23:22 PM
yeah, i think ANY goped just about breaks down like that when ridden hard (or at all).

Reply by 2phasst4urazz on 05/08/2005 07:43:41 AM
yes the only gopeds that dont just fall apart on u is the Bladez gopeds..... very stirty little devils

Reply by panterra on 05/08/2005 7:29:30 PM
kind of a coincidence, but today i pulled my super razorback out of the garage, my friend pulled his scooter out to. we were doing donuts in his front yard, and just from leaning, his silencer weld broke off. good fun though.

Reply by 2phasst4urazz on 05/09/2005 3:49:07 PM
yea it is good fun, i love it when im using something that isn't mine and i brake it, but i have a good time braking it

Original URL: 4strokes.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17649 © 2016 4Strokes.com

aboudie19

Re: Panterra 49cc Dirt Bike Review

Postby aboudie19 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:02 am

I agree with this thread. I bought myself a 49cc gas dirt bike from belmonte bikes and i've noticed the same thing. when i got it, i made sure to go around the bike and check if all bolts were tightened, because during shipping they could loosen up.
Mixed my oil and gas 25:1 ratio and turned it on...had no problems starting it for the first time. The bike runs perfectly fine and we are not having any issues with it. The only issue i see arising from this, which doesn't bother me at all, is going around the bike every 5-10 rides and making sure all bolts are still tight.
Other than that, I basically got myself a honda performing dirt bike for $499 shipped to my door. Like KBD said, after having one of these, i can not justify paying $3k for a bike that i can get for $500 and will perform the same.
Last edited by 4Strokes on Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed promotional link

Cloakmack
Rides: Sportsman 700 EBS
mod/customize youth to adult rides
Vehicles: 2003 Pathfinder SE
4 x 4

Re: Panterra 49cc Dirt Bike Review

Postby Cloakmack » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:17 am

Ok now I'm the confused one. The stamp on my block says 48cm3 ,which,to my knowledge was a 49cc. Now I read that it's actually a 72cc AND has 4 gears ?? I've been in the process of reassembling this bike for my kids so I haven't actually been able to go thru the gears.
JUst picked up a brand new 19mm Keihin carb for 20$.
Starts and idles great. Great throttle response too. I've found many sites that sell parts

Return to “Chinese Mfrs Community”