02 DRZ400S Yoshi Stroker Kit

Introduce yourself, what you ride, post pics, seek or offer help, general chit-chat.
4Strokes
Site Admin

02 DRZ400S Yoshi Stroker Kit

Postby 4Strokes » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:49 pm

Topic: Yoshimura 450 stroker kit in a DRZ
Author: christlrmz
Posted: 10/27/2004 11:20:40 PM

Anyone drop a yosh 450 stroker kit in a DRZ yet? I am on the verge of getting one for my 02 DRZ400S and I was just wondering what to expect.

Reply by The Kelzer on 03/09/2005 9:50:05 PM
DO IT! I have the full cha cha 450 Yoshi kit (Cams, Box, Bore, Stroke, Clutch, Pipe, Valve Springs, etc.) done on my bike and it frickin rips! Every time I ride it it makes me smile from ear to ear. 3rd gear roll on wheelies are the norm! Are you supermoto-ing? I know you'll appreciate the extra motor. TOTALLY RELIABLE! Had the kit in over a year, I ride once a week minimum, it's just like new. ;-)

Reply by midlothianjoe on 03/10/2005 11:39:54 AM
I ride a 04 DRZ400, can you provide some information on the 450 kit? vendor, price, parts included in the kit.

Reply by DRZRider84 on 03/10/2005 1:31:48 PM
Hey Kelzer, (or anyone else who has this yosh 450 stroker kit on their DRZ), have you monitored your fuel economy with that kit on it by any chance? Or could you take a good stab at the difference from stock? Would it be worth putting on an every day driver? I have an '04 DRZ400S with a 4 gal tank, knobbies, and a desire to get more hop outta the bike

Reply by tomass on 03/10/2005 4:24:49 PM
Hey The Kelzer. With that stroker kit, can you still ride a long distance (ie. 50 miles highway) without overheating? I have an 02 DRZ400S and I would love to get that kit some day, but not at the risk of losing my highway riding. Sometimes I have to put on the miles to get to a good riding place. What's the compression of that kit?

Reply by The Kelzer on 03/12/2005 07:21:44 AM
Let's see if I can answer all of these?'s. Vendor is Yoshimura .

Never any overheating issues on the trail or on the hwy.... ever. In fact you could probably drop your tooth count on the back sprocket and lower your revs a bit, the motor has plenty of power. I live in Hawaii, it's hot & humid everyday... never a problem.

Fuel mileage changes a bit, but ONLY because you want to be on the gas ALL the time. I've still gotten almost 45mpg on a mellow ride before. Remember, you have to change your carb to the FCR flatslide to get the most out of the motor. Just that difference alone is worth the price of admission.

I'm not kidding about the 3rd gear roll on wheelies! better than any drug I've ever taken. Trust me you'll like! Aloha, KK

Reply by jeffke on 04/17/2005 3:49:02 PM
Sorry guys for this one, but I can't shut my mouth. People worried about their gas mileage? should not think about any big bore kit or engine hop up part, but stay stock for a hi mileage and trustworthy bike. That's my opinion. Jeff

Reply by christlrmz on 05/13/2005 10:30:00 PM
OK so now that I have installed two of the kits myself I can honestly say they are worth every penny the bike just goes berserk with that kit. The kit really isn't that hard to put in either. Just make sure you have a 26mm offset wrench for torque stuff. The only problem we ran into was that the rev boxes didn't want to work even with the green wire cut. But we sent them to yosh and I guess they had a bad couple of them come out but no worries they backed up there product and sent us a new one in a little amount of time. The bike is now just great. I can actually get it to pull up in fifth with little effort. As far as the gas mileage goes I have a clarke oversize tank I think its 3.8 gallons and I get 155 miles before having to switch to reserve. And I have had no problems with them overheating at all. We are using engine ice if any one wants a recommendation for which coolant. Stuff works great.

Reply by tomass on 05/15/2005 10:08:53 AM
Would a big bore kit work well if you stayed with the stock carb, but jetted up? Not everyone has an extra Grand to throw on a new FCR Flatslide carb.

Reply by christlrmz on 06/14/2005 10:36:54 PM
The carb is only about 500 or so from sudco. Don't buy the e model carb new see if you can get one used or if not the sudco one is way cheaper then the Suzuki carb. And to the second part no the stock carb will not work it won't even feed the yoshi cams let alone the big bore kit

Reply by tomass on 06/15/2005 3:52:55 PM
OK. Thanks for the info.

Reply by smoles_01 on 07/02/2007 5:32:20 PM
where can i get one, cant find it, and it sounds pretty bad. thanks

Reply by smoles_01 on 07/03/2007 1:09:24 PM
looking for the yosh 450 big bore kit cant find it, do you know of any dealers thanks

Reply by mudster on 10/11/2007 10:11:57 AM
I have a cousin in Florida that has a Cycle shop. I told him i wanted a enduro and he got me a screamer. It is a DZR400 with a Yoshi 450 Stroker kit, the cam, keihin aftermarket carb, Yoshi brain box, Kick start, CDR exhaust, ASV clutch lever, Radiator guard, Brush guards, plus what i don't even know. This this is amazingly fast. I wanna say Balls to the Walls fast. I've been riding my Grizzly 660 4x4 that's modified but this is a completely different league. I only wish i could have rode it before all the mods to see the difference. I would surely recommend the Yoshimura 450 Stroker. good luck

Original URL: 4strokes.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15523 © 2016 4Strokes.com

Return to “Suzuki Community”