06 RMZ250 Need Lowered

Introduce yourself, what you ride, post pics, seek or offer help, general chit-chat.
Site Admin

06 RMZ250 Need Lowered

Postby 4Strokes » Fri May 20, 2016 11:34 am

Topic: RMZ-250 Lowering HELP I'm 5'5"!!!
Author: Deviousfred
Posted: 09/03/2006 06:53:11 AM

Hey guys, new here. Just got an 06 RMZ-250 yesterday and took it out for a spin last night and I love it!

The only problem is I'm 5'5" so you can imagine how badly I need to lower this bike. Anyone got any advice for me on this?

Reply by kubiak on 11/15/2006 11:45:24 PM
you can cut some seat foam out,a bunch of us have done this to our xr 600 and 650s with great results.

Reply by ThumperTDC on 11/16/2006 12:09:27 AM
You really only have 2 options. You can go the lowering link route and sliding your forks up in the clamps to gain maybe a 2 inch lower stance this would only cost maybe $100 for the link. The more expensive way to go would be to have you suspension internally lowered. This will get your bike to where it needs to be for you to ride it comfortably, but it is costly and you will lose some travel in your suspension. Another thing you might be able to do would be to do a google search or something to see if you can find info on what they do to RC's bike, cause he is also a lil feller. One trick I know of is to drill out the holes on the lower legs of the sub frame. If it were me, i would start with the cheaper route and see how much the lowering link and moving the forks helps you.

By the way, welcome to the site and congrats on the new ride

Reply by fwsteal on 04/04/2007 10:51:43 AM
how's the rm-z250? I'm riding an 06 rm125 and am thinking about upgrading. I'm 5'7".

Reply by 250f canuck on 04/04/2007 2:31:26 PM
I think that on factory race bikes the sub-frame is cut and welded to attain a lower seat height. However, most sub-frames these days are aluminum and welding aluminum is tricky. I would say to go with the lowering link like what Thump said and save tweaking the sub-frame as a last resort.

Reply by Deviousfred on 04/06/2007 12:13:23 AM
I hadn't been here in a while and read the title of this topic and said to myself, "Why would this guys need to lower it any? I'm 5'5" and I ride the same bike stock!?!?" Then I realized I had started this topic when I first got my bike! Hilarious!!!

Reply by rmzed on 05/24/2007 5:36:19 PM
Yea I just got my 06 RMZ250 and i'm thinkin the same thing. I'm way to short to ride this thing and i wanted to lower it cause its a bit*ch starting.I always have to find a rock or a hill to balance on.. but once your going its easy... so I guess since i'm an extreme newbe and i mean extreme "ive never rode anything motorized on 2 wheels or anything" and i already ate sh*t driving the bike.. but i'm gettin better :).. so should i go with the lowering for the comfort or just deal with it being a bit big for me and get used to it? btw i'm basically the same height as you i'm 5'6. Also I was curious can you adjust the spring under the seat to make it sit lower or will the mess up the whole suspension? Thanks.

Original URL: 4strokes.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24257 © 2016 4Strokes.com

Return to “Suzuki Community”