04 RMZ250 Won't Start

Introduce yourself, what you ride, post pics, seek or offer help, general chit-chat.
4Strokes
Site Admin

04 RMZ250 Won't Start

Post by 4Strokes » Fri May 20, 2016 10:33 am

Topic: bike wont start..... (04 rmz250)
Author: Jman1
Posted: 07/31/2006 12:26:55 PM

its an 04 rmz250... been sitting about a month... ran mint last time i rode it... always starts with just a few kicks... i've bee kicking it for 20 minutes and nothing... i shut the gas off and let it sit for about an hour.. it fired up 1st kick but died with the gas off... turned the gas on and now it wont start up again??????help!!

Reply by xtrememx98 on 08/17/2006 9:16:42 PM
I work for a place that runs through 700-1000 bikes per month and I can tell some things I do to get a stubborn bike running. First I check the spark plug to make sure it is not fouled and that the gap is correct, if that did'nt work, I open the float bowl drain screw and check for fuel flow to the float bowl on the carburator. If no fuel is flowing steadily, you have a stuck float bowl needle or the carb jets and passageways could be clogged, clean all jets and passageways out and check for fuel flow again. If flow is fine tighten screw, make sure fresh gasoline is in the tank and hold the throttle wide open and lean the bike to the left side (standing on the left side of course) a little more than half way to the ground and wait until fuel flows out of the overflow hose on the ground. Stand bike up with choke on and throttle at idle and try to kick over up to 10 times until startup, if that does not work, turn choke off and hold throttle wide open and kick about the same - 10-15 times until it starts, it may start in less kicks. All that fails, check to make sure there is spark to the plug using a spark tester or take to your dealer for an electrical diagnosis of all electrical components, Good luck - hope this was some help - KEVIN.

Reply by Admin on 02/01/2007 4:37:22 PM
Related topic: cold blooded... (tough to start when cold)

Original URL: 4strokes.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23742 © 2016 4Strokes.com

SPONSOR