400/520 MCX Coolant Leakage

Introduce yourself, what you ride, post pics, seek or offer help, general chit-chat.
4Strokes
Site Admin

400/520 MCX Coolant Leakage

Postby 4Strokes » Thu May 26, 2016 6:24 am

Topic: Coolant leakage
Author: villamar
Posted: 07/05/2004 11:07:45 AM

I have been experimenting the problem of constant coolant leakage with my KTM MCX 400. The mechaninc has told me the problem is with the shaft seals and o-rings, which are made of plastic and constantly damage and need to be changed. Apparently this is a common problem in KTMs. Somebody told me there is a metalic part in the market the someone manufactured to solve this problem. Does someone now about this part that could replace the plastic shaft and o-rings and could avoid the constant leakage?

Reply by jgalvez on 07/19/2004 1:57:19 PM
There aren't any plastic parts. The to carrier is from aluminium. Olvidalo, better in Spanish. The problem is that when mounts the detents of the water pump. They damage them with the arrow of propela. I have changed to several times the different detents of motos, and until I have right now not had problems. In which it leaves from Mexico these?

Reply by hellsbay on 08/03/2004 04:52:44 AM
yeah i have the same problem with my 520, what a pain in the ass to replace, the problem is actually the seal not o-rings they keep the oil back in the head the little seal is the one that leaks coolant to drain hole, ktm has special tool($2 or so) thats a plastic cone that goes over the threads to protect the seal when sliding it on, if its just a weep i would let it ride just check your coolant regularly

Original URL: 4strokes.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14024 © 2016 4Strokes.com

Return to “KTM Community”