03 KLX125 Upgrade Mods

Introduce yourself, what you ride, post pics, seek or offer help, general chit-chat.
4Strokes
Site Admin

03 KLX125 Upgrade Mods

Postby 4Strokes » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:43 am

Topic: KLX 125 (cheap mods)
Author: Honda152
Posted: 07/07/2005 6:09:45 PM

Ok heres the deal. I have an '02 CR80 I don't use because:
  1. i am too big for it and i can't race it (that's why i got my 250)
  2. i cant ride it because it's too loud for the area i want to trail ride it in
I am trading it to a friend for a nice (brand new) 2003 KLX125 with not much use on it (it's a pretty even trade).

I was wondering if there were any cheap mods to the thing I could do (airbox uncork mods and such). I have ridden it a few times and for a 125 4-stroke they are pretty powerful (for a play bike) stock.. I was thinking of just riding it for now and then getting some goods later.

What is the best exhaust system for a KLX125?

Is it possible to mount up a set of KX forks and front wheel with some work done to it? I don't mind the suspension for just putting around and wheelies and stuff (after all it's a play bike not a race bike). I just want better everything. It seems like it's pretty rugged.. It's better for the kind if riding that I want to do than a CR.

So I am kinda excited to get it and I'm still not entirely sure the kids parents are gonna let him trade. He IS getting a better bike than what he is trading however!

Reply by minifig-phil on 07/08/2005 06:18:46 AM
have a look at Two bros website or BBR's.

Reply by Honda Maniac on 07/11/2005 11:43:59 AM
There isn't a lot of stuff available for the KLX. If I were you I would get a better air filter and then a Pro Circuit pipe or BBR if they make one. I think Hot Cams is coming out with a Camshaft for it, and even with those mods, it will do much better wheelies and probably go quite a bit faster. Anyway, just my 2 cents

Reply by KLX on 01/10/2006 9:05:48 PM
Good to know Honda Maniac! Do you know what the duration of the cam is going to be? When is it going to be available? Is the Ti-4 muffler the best choice for the 125? Im asking "Green" questions to a "RED" man. I think it's time for me to go to bed. Thanks Honda Mania! LOL

Reply by KLX on 01/10/2006 9:07:46 PM
Please ignore the Honda avatar

Original URL: 4strokes.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18978 © 2016 4Strokes.com

Return to “Kawasaki Community”