Note: Previous forum logins will not work on our new forums. Registration is required.

XR80 Setting Ignition Points

Introduce yourself, what you ride, post pics, seek or offer help, general chit-chat.
Site Admin

XR80 Setting Ignition Points

Postby 4Strokes » Tue May 24, 2016 7:58 am

Topic: How to set points on an XR80?
Author: radar2515
Posted: 06/21/2003 4:33:38 PM

hey my little brother has an xr80 and the points need set so i was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Reply by ACS on 08/05/2003 9:26:49 PM
Take off the cover and you will see the flywheel. Peer inside and you will see the points. There is a small screw (made of butter) that you undo and it allows the points to be adjucsted. Undo it just a bit and with a flat blade screwdriver put it in the slots and you can widen or narrow the gap. You do this with the timming mark F lined up on the flywheel and the V or arrow on the case. Points gap should be .012 to .016 inch. You need a thin feeler gauge. If the ponts are worn the right gap will not line up with the F mark and you need new points. You can see the points open so check the opening with the F mark if its way off new points. That means removing the flywheel so get back to us and we can fill you in. I can get pages off factory manual if you need it. Hope it all makes sense.

Original URL: © 2016

Return to “Honda Community”