- For 2006, the bike that started the four-stroke revolution is trick, fast and handles great.
- An all-new light and strong aluminum frame repositions the engine for great mass centralization and fantastic handling.
- New, five-speed gearbox squeezes even more performance from the mighty five-titanium-valved 450.
- Upgraded suspension components at both ends, including a titanium shock spring which provide great handling and ride comfort.
- Sharp new styling keeps the YZ450F at the front of the pack in the looks department, too. Includes a special, 50th anniversary model.
- Trick new bits include a light, strong ProTaper aluminum handlebar in adjustable clamps and a trick new exhaust system.
Model: YZ450FV | 50th Anniversary YZ450FSPV
Engine Type: 449cc, liquid-cooled, 5-valve, DOHC, four-stroke w/titanium valves, Digital CDI
Bore x Stroke: 95.0 x 63.4mm, Compression Ratio: 12.3:1
Carburetion: 39mm Keihin FCR flat-slide w/throttle position sensor
Transmission: Constant-mesh 5-speed, Final Drive: #520 chain
Suspension, Front: 48mm Kayaba inverted telescopic fork w/adj comp & rebound damping; 11.8" travel
Suspension, Rear: Kayaba shock w/adj preload, comp & rebound w/separate hi/lo adjuster; 12.4" travel
Brakes, Front: 224mm floating disc | Rear: 220mm disc
Tires, Front: 80/100-21 51M Dunlop | Rear: 110/90-19 62M Dunlop
Dims: L 86.3", W 32.1", H 51.1", Wheelbase 58.9", Seat Height 38.8", Ground Clearance 14.6"
Dry Weight: 220 lbs.
Fuel Capacity: 1.85 gallons
Color: Team Yamaha Blue/White | 50th Anniversary Yellow/Black
Suggested Retail: $6,899 | 50th Anniversary $7,099 (USD)