- For 2006, a carefully tuned aluminum frame made up of forgings, weldings, castings and tubing means sharp, super-precise handling.
- Increased mass centralization provides fantastic overall balance and performance.
- Suspension refinements front and rear help make the 2006 YZ250F the sweetest-handling and smoothest-riding one ever.
- Sharp new styling keeps the YZ250F at the front of the pack in the looks department, too including a special, 50th anniversary model.
- Trick new bits include a light, strong ProTaper aluminum handlebar in adjustable clamps, Excel rims and a cool new exhaust system.
- Five titanium valves let the YZ250F breathe deep, spinning out amazing torque and horsepower all the way to 13,500 RPM.
- Suggested retail was $6,199 USD.
- Speed-Sensitive System 48mm Kayaba fork move the TCV (transfer control valves) above the fork springs, so that damping force is now controlled by piston speed; that prevents mid-stroke damping force changes, for a smoother, more precise ride.
- Titanium-sprung, four-way adjustable rear shock rod diameter is 2mm bigger. New, Kashima coating reduces friction for fantastic compliance and great handling.
- An all-new aluminum frame provides fantastic handling.
- Carburetion and exhaust changes let the 249cc four-stroke breathe free all the way to 13,500 RPM, and a new radiator keeps it cool.
- Moving the dry sump oil tank ahead of the engine provides overall balance and handling and minimizes external oil lines.
- New CDI magneto provides a hot, consistent spark across the powerband for right-now throttle response.
Engine Type: 249cc, liquid-cooled, 5-valve, DOHC, four-stroke w/titanium valves
Bore x Stroke: 77 x 53.6mm
Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
Carburetion: 37mm Keihin FCR flat-slide w/throttle position sensor
Ignition: Digital CDI
Transmission: 5-speed w/multi-plate wet clutch
Final Drive: #520 chain
Suspension, Front: 48mm Kayaba inverted cartridge fork w/adj comp & rebound damping; 11.8" travel
Suspension, Rear: Kayaba shock w/adj. preload, comp & rebound & separate hi/lo-speed comp adj; 12.4" travel
Brakes, Front / Rear: 224mm floating disc / 220mm disc
Tires, Front / Rear: 80/100-21 51M Dunlop / 100/90-19 57M Dunlop
Seat Height: 38.7"
Ground Clearance: 14.5"
Dry Weight: 206 lbs.
Fuel Capacity: 1.85 gallons
Color: 50th Anniversary Yellow/Black