While the KLX125 is an excellent starter bike for many youth and adult beginners, other riders would like to have a motorcycle that’s a little taller in the inseam.
The KLX125L off-road motorcycle is just the ticket for them, because it adds a larger 19-inch front wheel and 16-inch rear wheel, plus a powerful front disc brake to the KLX125 chassis.
Powered by a torquey and responsive air-cooled 125cc four-stroke single, the KLX125L pumps out plenty of rider-friendly power for off-road fun. The engine is specially tuned for low and mid-range power, and a smooth shifting five-speed transmission means there’s a gear for every riding situation. A cable-operated manual clutch, along with a digital CD ignition for quick starts, makes this quiet-running motorcycle reliable and easy to operate.
A high-tensile steel frame with a rigid carbon-steel swingarm add to the machine’s durability and lightweight handling characteristics, while bumps are soaked up by a long-travel front fork and linkage-equipped single-shock rear suspension system. The combination of a shorter wheelbase and a very comfortable riding position makes the KLX125L fun to ride on a variety of terrain.
Inspired by Kawasaki’s racy KX models, the fuel tank, slim seat and number plates give the bike an exciting look, while the classic lime green plastic gives it a true Kawasaki identity.
2006 Kawasaki KLX125L Features and Benefits:
- Single overhead cam two-valve four-stroke single-cylinder engine
- Engine compact and lightweight
- Gearshift operation through a linkage allows smooth shifting action
- Linkage system allows height adjustability for rider preference
- Positive action and rugged durability, with a gear for every situation
- Provides smooth throttle response
- Allows engine to produce power and torque at all rpm
- Link-type rear suspension with 6.7 inches of wheel travel
- Shock delivers smooth, progressive performance that provides enjoyable ride
- Rear suspension spring preload is fully adjustable
- Carbon steel swingarm responds well to terrain
- Telescopic fork with 7.1 inches of wheel travel
- 30mm fork tubes enhance fork rigidity
- Front hydraulic disc brake gives KLX125L model excellent stopping power
- Frame made of high-tensile steel
- Frame design is lightweight and durable
- Serrated footpegs are durable and designed to reduce mud build-up
- Heavy-duty chain guide
- KX-inspired lime green coloring
- Slim seat, front and side number plates
Engine: Four-stroke SOHC two-valve single
Bore x stroke: 57.0 x 48.8mm
Compression ratio: 9.5:1
Carburetion: Mikuni VM20SS
Ignition: Digital CDI
Transmission: Five-speed, automatic clutch
Final drive: Chain
Frame: High-tensile, diamond tube steel
Rake / trail: N/A
Suspension, front: Telescopic fork, 48mm
Suspension, rear: Bottom-link, single shock, spring preload
Wheel travel, front / rear: 7.1 in. / 6.7 in.
Tire, front / rear: 70/100x19 / 90/100x16
Brakes, front / rear: Disc / drum
Overall length: 74.2 in.
Overall width: 30.3 in.
Overall height: 43.1 in.
Wheelbase: 50.0 in.
Ground clearance: 11.4 in.
Seat height: 31.7 in
Dry weight: 178.5 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 1.7 gal.
Color: Kawasaki Lime Green
Suggested Retail: $2,599 (USD)