Powered by a torquey and responsive air-cooled 125cc four-stroke engine, the KLX125 pumps out plenty of user-friendly power for off-road fun. The engine is specially tuned for low and mid-range power, and a smooth shifting five-speed transmission means there’s a gear for every riding situation. A cable-operated manual clutch, along with a digital CD ignition for quick starts, make this quiet-running motorcycle reliable and easy to operate.
The KLX125 rides on a 17-inch front wheel and 14-inch rear wheel, while front and rear drum brakes provide ample stopping power and are low maintenance.
A high-tensile steel frame with a rigid carbon-steel swingarm add to the machine’s durability and lightweight handling characteristics, while bumps are soaked up by a long-travel front fork and linkage-equipped single-shock rear suspension system. The combination of a shorter wheelbase and a very comfortable riding position makes the KLX125 fun to ride on a variety of terrain.
Inspired by Kawasaki’s racy KX models, the fuel tank, slim seat and number plates give the bike an exciting look, while the classic lime green plastic gives it a true Kawasaki identity.
2006 Kawasaki KLX125 Features and Benefits:
- Single overhead cam two-valve four-stroke single-cylinder engine
- Engine compact and lightweight
- Gearshift operation through a linkage allows smooth shifting action and allows height adjustability for rider preference
- Positive action and rugged durability, with a gear for every situation
- Provides smooth throttle response
- Allows engine to produce power and torque at all rpm
- Link-type rear suspension with 6.3 inches of wheel travel
- Shock delivers smooth, progressive performance that provides enjoyable ride
- Rear suspension spring preload is fully adjustable
- Carbon steel swingarm responds well to terrain
- Telescopic fork with more 7.1 inches of wheel travel
- Frame made of high-tensile steel
- Frame design is lightweight and durable
- Serrated footpegs are durable and designed to reduce mud build-up
- Heavy-duty chain guide
- KX-inspired lime green coloring
- Slim seat, front and side number plates
Engine: Four-stroke SOHC two-valve single
Bore x stroke: 57.0 x 48.8mm
Compression ratio: 9.5:1
Carburetion: Mikuni VM20SS
Ignition: Digital CDI
Transmission: Five-speed, automatic clutch
Final drive: Chain
Frame: High-tensile, diamond tube steel
Rake / trail: N/A
Suspension, front: Telescopic fork, 48mm
Suspension, rear: Bottom-link, single shock, spring preload
Wheel travel, front / rear: 7.1 in. / 6.3 in.
Tire, front / rear: 70/100x17 / 90/100x14
Brakes, front / rear: Mechanical drum / drum
Overall length: 72.2 in.
Overall width: 30.3 in.
Overall height: 41.7 in.
Wheelbase: 49.0 in.
Ground clearance: 10.2 in.
Seat height: 30.5 in
Dry weight: 176 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 1.7 gal.
Color: Kawasaki Lime Green
Suggested Retail: $2,399 (USD)