Power for the KLX110 comes from a user-friendly 111cc air-cooled, two-valve, four-stroke engine, and features a screw-type adjustable throttle limiter. This easily accessible feature allows parents to control the speed for younger riders.
The engine’s tractable power is delivered to the rear knobby via an easy-shifting, semi-automatic three-speed transmission, complete with centrifugal clutch. Newer riders gain confidence quickly by focusing on steering and balance instead of clutch coordination.
The frame for the KLX110 is constructed of high-tensile steel, and its race-bred styling and graphics will undoubtedly please young motocross fans. The compact fuel tank, seat, sporty shrouds and number plates were all plucked from Kawasaki’s smallest competition motocross machine, the popular KX65.
2006 Kawasaki KLX110 Features and Benefits:
- Low 25.6-inch seat height
- Four-stroke, single-cylinder engine is user-friendly for entry-level riders, but powerful enough to entice adult riders
- Lay-down engine design for low center of gravity
- Three-speed semi-automatic transmission with centrifugal clutch provides entry-level riders with shifting experience, but without the distraction of clutch actuation
- Engine starts only in neutral for added safety
- Screw-type throttle limiter allows parents to monitor and control their child’s speed
- Large engine stop switch is within easy reach on the handlebar
- 30mm telescopic conventional fork with 4.3 inches of travel
- Single hydraulic shock with 4.2 inches of travel
- 14-inch front and 12-inch rear knobby tires provide good traction off-road
- High-tensile steel backbone frame is strong yet lightweight
- Sporty-looking fuel tank, seat, shrouds and number plates are same as the KX65 motocross bike
- Strategically placed heat shields provide extra protection from the exhaust pipe
- U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor comes as standard equipment.
Engine: Four-stroke SOHC two-valve single
Bore x stroke: 53.0 x 50.6mm
Compression ratio: 9.5:1
Carburetion: Keihin PB18
Transmission: Three-speed automatic clutch
Final Drive: Chain
Frame: Backbone frame, high-tensile steel
Rake / trail: 25.5 degrees / 2.1 in.
Suspension, front: 30mm hydraulic telescopic fork
Suspension, rear: Single hydraulic shock
Wheel travel, front / rear: 4.3 in. / 4.2 in.
Tire, front / rear: 2.50 x 14 / 3.00 x 12
Brakes, front / rear: Mechanical drum / drum
Overall length: 61.2 in.
Overall width: 26.0 in.
Overall height: 37.6 in.
Wheelbase: 41.9 in.
Ground clearance: 7.5 in.
Seat height: 25.6 in.
Dry weight: 141.1 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 1.0 gal.
Color: Kawasaki Lime Green
Suggested Retail: $1,699 (USD)