Greetings from Washington! XR650L work

Introduce yourself, what you ride, post pics, seek or offer help, general chit-chat.
NSPbiker
Rides: 2004 XR650L, 1986 KLR600, GSX1100G
Vehicles: F350

Greetings from Washington! XR650L work

Postby NSPbiker » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:05 pm

I've had the BRP since new in 04, back then I de-smogged it and did the "Dave's Mod" to the carb. now I've gotten in with a couple of chaps and we're talking about doing the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route (https://ridebdr.com/WABDR) this early summer. So with a little bit of cashed-out bitcoin, I'm finally doing some upgrades! Acerbis tank, FMF pipe and jetting kit, a skid plate and a rack for the back. That's what brought me to this forum, after reading a bunch of smart/experienced/funny peeps out here y'all have answers to any question a bloke could ask. Anybody done the route? Any tips for a 600 mile off-road bike ride?

Harry Potter
Rides: 2007 Honda XR650L

Re: Greetings from Washington! XR650L work

Postby Harry Potter » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:07 pm

So have you gotten any further in your plans?

Harry Potter
Rides: 2007 Honda XR650L

Re: Greetings from Washington! XR650L work

Postby Harry Potter » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:03 am

NSPbiker wrote:I've had the BRP since new in 04, back then I de-smogged it and did the "Dave's Mod" to the carb. now I've gotten in with a couple of chaps and we're talking about doing the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route (https://ridebdr.com/WABDR) this early summer. So with a little bit of cashed-out bitcoin, I'm finally doing some upgrades! Acerbis tank, FMF pipe and jetting kit, a skid plate and a rack for the back. That's what brought me to this forum, after reading a bunch of smart/experienced/funny peeps out here y'all have answers to any question a bloke could ask. Anybody done the route? Any tips for a 600 mile off-road bike ride?

Forgot to quote you. How are your plans going?

Return to “Honda Community”