The best looking modification I've done to my 1996 Honda XR400R was fabricate and mount a Cycra Honda CRF450R half-vented front number-plate in place of the stock Honda headlight / number-plate. Here are the steps I used to mount the Cycra vented number-plate:
- Cut cardboard template in shape of invert V and trim as necessary.
- Trace the final cardboard design on a piece of metal.
- Cut out the top mount, drill three holes and deburr.
- Bottom mount cut a piece flat stock and trim to fit where plastic locator pins go through from the stock number-plate to the lower triple-clamp.
- Bolt the lower number-plate mount to the flat metal piece.
Keywords: numberplate, no., front_number_plate
Credits: Article written and submitted by kountryboy. Edited and published by 4Strokes.com.