Dave's Carb Mods

Existing technical info specific to Honda.
Respond to topics with questions or comments.
Nornevrder
Rides: 2017 XR650L
Vehicles: 2012 Ram 2500

Re: Dave's Carb Mods

Postby Nornevrder » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:24 am

My bike is a commuter but will be in the desert and Sierras this summer. I raced MX and a pretty high level and finally hung up my boots 2 years ago. Riding the The Pig feels like walking to me as I am very at home. I will be setting mine up like a dirt bike too. I’m thinking about entering a desert race for shits and giggles.

Plud
Rides: XR650L
Vehicles: Jeep Wrangler, RAM 1500

Postby Plud » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:40 am

When the going gets rough, I tend to ride like the pig is a trials bike..slow/methodical obstacle negotiation... and I'm not reluctant to duck walk if things get really nasty.

There's a small group out in Fallon (if I recall), they're on ADVRider fairly often.. they seem to focus on hauling across the desert.. 200-300 mile day rides. You might want to check out ADVRider and keep an eye out on 'the west rides' thread.

Nornevrder
Rides: 2017 XR650L
Vehicles: 2012 Ram 2500

Postby Nornevrder » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:08 pm

Thanks Plud will do. Those FB pages seem to be inactive. I’ll keep my eyes open

Reanimator
Rides: 2016 XR650L
Vehicles: Nothing but bikes!

Postby Reanimator » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:09 pm

I just completed all the modifications on my 2016 Xr650L and "hawtdamn" it has really come ALIVE!!! The mods I did were a 52-160 pilot and jet combo along with Dave's Carb Mods, Desmogged (screw ya California), Desnorkeled (times two), FMF Powercore Exhaust, 5.8 Gal. Acerbis Tank, XrsOnly Temp Gauge, Rear sprocket 44t , XrsOnly 10 to 8mm rear wheel bolt mod, and UNI Filter. Don't be afraid of tinkering with the bike, sprocketing, or the carb. It's a hit and miss situation and was definitely worth the reading on this forum that gave me the knowledge and encouragement to bring my bike to life.

The stock XRs are setup poorly to blow up. Mines did last year and I was lucky they warrantied the damage. 80 pinned is kinda bad especially when full stock and ultra lean from the factory. I learned to read the spark plugs too. That really tells ya how your girl is doing.

JoeRC51

Postby JoeRC51 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:34 pm

What do you mean by ''desnorkled times two'' ?

Return to “Honda Technical Reference”