Idaho
4Strokes
Site Admin

Calder Idaho Adventure

Post by 4Strokes » Tue May 31, 2016 10:17 am

Topic: Calder, Idaho adventure
Author: ThumperTDC
Posted: 07/29/2007 11:04:17 AM

Well, Friday was the first day of my vacation. I was hoping to get out of the house to start the drive to Idaho around 5 am.. well that didnt happen. We finally managed to get on the road around 8:30, but we still had a couple of stops to make so we didnt actually hit the highway almost 11am. The trip was pretty uneventful, that was until we were getting ready to cross over into Washington when I looked in the rear view mirror and saw my wife's bike about ready to fall off the trailer. Not having any room to pull over on the bridge I carefully made my way to the other side to a spot which had more room. I hop out and go to adjust it and notice that 2 of the 4 tie downs came unhooked from the trailer. I think this had happened a few minutes before when I was pulling out of the gas station and hit a bump, because they were fine moments earlier when I pulled in to check on everything. Anyway we made it to my Dads around 5:30 pm. Got my bike all serviced and loaded on the trailer ready to leave in the morning to go on our ride. Well, during this whole process I started feeling like $#!t and wasn't sure if I was going to go do to coming down with something. Well I went to bed early and woke at 5am to get ready to go feeling a little better. We hit the road just shy of 6am heading towards Calder, Idaho. We met up with 4 more guys and then along the way stopped for 4 more. All in all there was 11 of us out on this trip. After the 2.5 hour trip we finally unloaded the bikes at 8:30am and headed out. I was hoping to be wearing my helmet cam, but due to some technical difficulties it would not work so it got left behind. We rode 48 miles, the dust was bad, the trails were tight and overgrown in spots and there was a lot of side hills with some pretty good drop offs. with the heat and not feeling good the day before it took a toll on me. I managed to go down several times, each time it was on my front brake lever. It went from having a nice comfortable bend for 2 finger use to curling it up to not be able to use it... which was a bad thing since I use my front brake a lot. I was a hurting unit by the time we got back to the truck. I finished off the rest of the bottled water in the cooler, not to mention the 6 and a half I burned through on the trail... thank goodness my dad has a filter bottle so you can filter stream water for drinking. Anyway, I only took 3 pictures with my digicam, but we were up high enough to see Montana to the east and as far as you can to the north, west, and south. It was a fun trip, but it would have been more fun if I wasn't getting sick. I will try to get the pics posted when I get back home.

Reply by hondarocks61 on 07/29/2007 1:16:01 PM
sounds like you did ok, hope ya' had fun!

Reply by 250f canuck on 07/29/2007 4:03:00 PM
Originally posted by ThumperTDC
I was hoping to be wearing my helmet, but due to some technical difficulties it would not work so it got left behind.
Really?! What kind of technical difficulties causes a helmet not to function properly, let alone be left behind?! Do tell, maybe we should all give our own helmets a once-over to make sure they are technically sound.

Sorry to hear that you were feeling like $h!t. It's probably because you were getting out of routine, working your @$$ off for X number of months then slowing right down to go riding. It's happened to me like that before, only I wasn't going riding.

Reply by ThumperTDC on 07/31/2007 10:51:13 AM
Typo... Should have been helmet cam.... my bad

Reply by sparta4188 on 07/31/2007 11:19:18 AM
ok good, always wear your helmet

Reply by 250f canuck on 07/31/2007 11:39:51 AM
I knew what you meant, I was just playin'.

Original URL: 4strokes.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27743 © 2016 4Strokes.com

SPONSOR