Idaho
4Strokes
Site Admin

Bull Trout Lake: ITMA ID State Ride

Post by 4Strokes » Sun May 29, 2016 8:43 am

Topic: ITMA Idaho State Ride at Bull Trout Lake, Idaho
Author: ThumperTDC
Posted: 07/18/2003 6:06:44 PM

This years site for the ITMA Idaho state ride was outside of Stanley. I made the trek from outside of Portland, Oregon to go riding with my dad and his riding buddies. It was an awesome ride, the views were great, the trails were some of the most challenging stuff I have ridden. I only had 3 complaints. My bike ran crappy, it was a bit dusty, and the damn skeeters bit the hell out of me. My brother ended up loaning me his helmet cam and video camera to use. I got about 70 minutes worth of footage, I got some excellent digital pictures from some of the ridge tops. With my bike running crappy like it was, it made it really hard to ride in the tight stuff. I have never had oil coming out of my crankcase breather tub before so that was a first for me. I think I may have to also replace my clutch due to having to slip it as much as I was just to make it up the trail. As for the trails, one word.. "switchbacks" I have never seen so many in my life before, it made it very interesting for me. These trails in most spots were maybe a foot wide + or - and were on a pretty good side hill. This kind of riding would make an average rider alot better with in a matter of hours. Lets not forget about the rocks, lots of those as well. Even had a bit of snow in spots as well. All in all It was a blast and I am looking forward to next years ride in Northern Idaho.

Original URL: 4strokes.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9005 © 2016 4Strokes.com

SPONSOR