California
4Strokes
Site Admin

I wadded up pretty bad Pics

Postby 4Strokes » Tue May 31, 2016 6:46 pm

Topic: I wadded up pretty bad...
Author: jrsride2002
Posted: 04/28/2012 10:12:31 PM

So its been a long time since i logged in. Part is because ive been busy with rides, school, work or something regular. The other is my BAD crash in the desert.

I broke the golden rule. I rode in the middle of the desert alone. Unfamiliar area, unbeaten path, at night, and MILES from civilization...

Loss of memory, multiple fractures to pelvis, broken heel, multiple fractures to skull, broken XR650L

Finally healed the bones, still working on the muscles, going to work on the honda in a few months... Maybe longer...

Really came close to death. Was unconsentious for about a week then drugged up for an additional week. Some off duty range was out having a good time when he found my headlight beams in the sky. They say I was laying there for only a couple hours when i was found.

Its going to take some time to get back into the swing of things. I miss not working on the bike, but right now im glade im not. Going to see if she'll fire up or not tomorrow. Also post some pics of the damage tomorrow.

Im just randomly sharing with everyone, no need to reply. ~Junior

Reply by ThumperTDC on 04/29/2012 12:57:52 PM
Damn dude, this could have ended up so much differently. Glad to hear you are on the mend.

Reply by Admin on 04/30/2012 11:06:16 AM
Wow, I guess that was a valuable lesson! I guess it could have been worse but still not a good experience by any means. Glad you're able to get online now. You got fractures to your skull while wearing a helmet? You must have hit hard. Thanks for sharing and helping everyone to stay on their toes while riding. Hope your recovery continues to go well.

Reply by dave_cl on 04/30/2012 3:43:19 PM
Damn! Amazing luck they found you so quickly. Heal up!

Reply by jrsride2002 on 04/30/2012 4:39:57 PM
Yea. Not one of the best times in my life.

Valley4-16-11.JPG
Here's a pic in Death Valley 4/16/2011

WaddedUpSadness.JPG
The bike today

And yes, that is what my face plant did to the headlight setup WITH the helmet on. Dont get me wrong, glad I only ride with a helmet, but it wasnt that great of a helmet. Some cheap HJC, that was the other lesson learned... Buy GOOD quality products, heard it a bunch of times, but now I feel it..

Thump:
  • Yes!!! I could have been a body, had someone not stumbled apon me. As a firefighter, im sure at some point you have had this or close to it.

Dave:
  • Yes, i know im lucky... New thing for me a now im going to church... Gotta thank the man upstairs for the lessons hard learned.

Admin:
  • 1 fracture to the frontal lobe(forehead)(headlight contact)
  • 1 fracture to the maxilla area(upper lip, cheek bones, under eyes area)(Hand made cluster bar thing for key, and new trail tech).
  • 1 fracture to the mandible(lower jaw)(Handle bars).

1 shinny new plate in each spot(at least i hope new, not comfortable with used hardware in this instance...)

Original URL: 4strokes.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32901 © 2016 4Strokes.com

Return to “CA”